Top ten reasons your sale manager has you do a sales forecast:
- 10. Provide management with accurate and reliable information that they can use to make plans to operate the company efficiently and profitably.
- 9. Provide early warning of potential problems so he can alert management and make the necessary course adjustments.
- 8. Identify problems so he can mentor the sales staff to improve their performance.
- 7. Work with production and fulfillment to make sure orders are filled quickly and efficiently.
- 6. Plan future sales staffing to implement the most effective allocation of sales resources.
- 5. Get a heads-up on missing his goals so he can prepare excuses and assign blame.
- 4. Modify the compensation schedule to reduce the commission on your upcoming deals.
- 3. Re-align your territory to give your most lucrative account to his brother-in-law.
- 2. Re-align your territory to give your most lucrative account to the boss’s daughter.
- 1. Re-align your territory to move your most lucrative account in-house so he gets the commission.